CHAI is life! & a good cup of chai can fix your day! I know we all have our own way of making chai, but of all different kinda chai recipes, this recipe never disappoints.
I prefer using mixture tea! the one that I get from the local store is honestly the best, I don’t know where to find it online, but, you can use the below chai powders.
- If you live in India, Lasa Lamsa Mix
- If you reside outside India, you should try Wagh Bakri ( for some reason I liked the exported tea powder better when compared to what I found here locally)
- Take 1.5 cups of water
- add 1 tsp tea powder (I prefer mixture tea)
- grate 1 medium piece of ginger and add it here
- cook until you see 3/4th of water remains.
- Boil 1/2 cup milk with 1 inch cinnamon stick and sugar as per taste.
- when the milk boils, lower the flame & strain the 3/4th cup of black tea here
- let it cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
Your Ginger Chai is ready!!!! 🙂
P.S. Please use whole milk in your chai (in case you use skim milk or low fat milk, follow the below recipe!)
- in a pan, add 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup water
- add sugar, 3/4th tsp tea powder, 1 inch finely chopped ginger
- cook it on high flame till the milk boils & on medium flame till the quantity reduces to 3/4th cup.
- Strain & enjoy your garam chai
You can switch ginger with cardamom for cardamom chai, you can add no masala for regular tea. My personal fav is ginger , hence, sharing my fav here!