Authentic Hyderabadi recipe
- 500 grams medium sized boneless chicken
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 2-3 pinch Ajino moto (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Red color – 2 pinch (optional)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 Eggs
- 15 Green Chillies
- 1 bunch Curry leaves (In case you don’t find curry leaves, you can replace it with lime zest and add it to your chicken while marination)
- 2 tsp red chili sauce
- Wash the chicken pieces well & add the dry ingredients to it – i.e. 2 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp salt, 2 pinch Ajinomoto (optional), 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp turmeric powder, mix well.
- Add 2 eggs, 2 pinch red color (optional) mix well & lastly, add 3 tbsp corn flour (set it aside the marinated chicken for at least 1- 3 hours!
- In a pan, heat oil, add slit 15 green chilies & curry leaves till it becomes brown in color and keep it aside for future use.
- In the same oil, deep fry the marinated chicken pieces.
- After frying, remove excess oil from the pan & leave about 3 TBSP oil in the pan & lower the flame.
- Whisk ½ cup yogurt with salt, black pepper, coriander powder (optional), red color (optional) & add it to the oil, let it cook for about a minute, then add 2 tsp red chili sauce. Let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- On a high flame, add the fried chicken, fried slit green chilies & curry leaves from first step here & mix well until it soaks.
Your juicy, delicious chicken 65 is ready! You can serve it as a snack or a starter or as a part of your main course with paratha or simply with rice & curry!
If you want it to be gravy, add extra yogurt in step 2 & close the stove in 2 minutes just so the chicken soaks in desired amount of yogurt while you have some left as gravy!.