MY Sheer Khorma Recipe
My mom makes the best Sheer Khorma says every freaking Hyderabadi, but, people lie. I’m not going to lie to you, rather, I promise you my mom seriously makes the best Hyderabadi Sheer khorma.
The secret is: the portion of milk & sewiyan!!! A lot of people add very little quantity of seviyan with too much of milk which takes like nothing but sweet milk garished with seviyan. Think of it like Mutton without Mutton biryani. Similarly, a lot of people add condensed milk or Khoya & excessive dry fruits. We personally do not prefer adding any of this, however, we generally garnish the serving bowl with dry fruits.
Ok so, here is the recipe !! 🙂
Step 1: Preparing dry fruits.
- Take handful of cashews, dates, pistachios (separately, of course) & finely chop them
- In a separate bowl, take handful of almonds, soak them for about an hour or boil them for 10 minutes.
- Peel the almonds & chop into thin slices.
- Take 4 table spoon add ghee, add dry fruits, mix well & let it cook until they turn light brown.
- Remove the dry fruits from the pan & set aside.
Step 2: Preparing the seviyan:
- Take superfine/ thin vermicelli aka Seviyan & crush it into small pieces.
- In the leftover ghee from step 1, add approx 50-60 grams of seviyan (4-5 handful)
- Mix well until the seviyan turns brown in color.
- Remove them from the pan & keep it aside.
- Take 2 litres of milk (please get whole milk, no fat free business here)
- Boil it until it reduces its quantity to 3/4th (keep stirring)
- add 1 tea cup of sugar (approx 110 – 120 grams) & mix well, let it cook for sometime
- add Seviyan from step 2 here
- mix well & let it cook on high flame for 2 minutes & low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Your thick sheer khorma is ready, add it to the big serving bowl & garnish with dry fruits.
P.S. if you think the consistency is too thick for you, you can add some milk later, no worries!
We generally shop for seviyan from local store, its hand made & also super thin. Please do not use thick vermicelli or noodles!!!! It’s just horribly wrong.
I was able to find something for you on amazon similar to what I use.
Seviyan link for your reference: here
I hope you enjoy our recipe ! Please let us know your thoughts via comments below!!!
E Sai Revanth
October 9, 2021 @ 8:27 pm
Thanks for wonderful recipe
October 10, 2021 @ 6:04 am
I love Sheerkhorma. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
October 10, 2021 @ 6:21 am
Lovely recipe!!!! I dont like sheerkhorma haha but your description of it all made me imagine it and like it too haha! We make it almost exactly the same! ✨
October 11, 2021 @ 4:46 am
Such a yummy recipe
October 11, 2021 @ 3:38 pm
Oh wow, it looks so delicious. I have never had Hyderabadi sheer korma. I would love to give it a try someday. Thanks for the recipe.
October 11, 2021 @ 4:50 pm
Even with the recipe i am sure we can’t match upto your mom. Thanks for sharing it here
October 11, 2021 @ 5:30 pm
Your way of making sheerkorma is amazing and it looks delicious.
October 11, 2021 @ 6:21 pm
Sheerkorma during festive season has its own flavor, liked the detailed recipe of it.
October 11, 2021 @ 7:46 pm
I make it the same way. Just love it’s taste
October 11, 2021 @ 8:39 pm
Wow-what a tempting image of Sheer Khorma. I am not good at making deserts; I am definitely going to try your way of making sheer khorma next time.
October 12, 2021 @ 5:18 pm
This seems pretty easy. Thanks for the receipe. would for sure give this a try
Roma Gupta Sinha
October 13, 2021 @ 7:15 am
You made me drool buddy, I am surely trying it.